E-Safety. These E-Safety online rules help to protect students and the school by describing acceptable and unacceptable computer use.
- We ask permission before using the internet.
- We only use websites when there is an adult in the room
- We tell an adult if we see anything that we are uncomfortable with.
- We immediately close any webpage that we are not sure about.
- We only use our class e-mail accounts.
- We only e-mail people an adult has approved.
- We send e-mails that are polite and friendly.
- We never give out personal information or passwords.
- We never arrange to meet anyone we do not know.
- We do not open e-mails sent by anyone we don’t know.
- We do not use Internet chat rooms.
- We only use forums organised by our teacher/school.
- We understand that the school can track our internet usage.
- We understand that we must not install/download software programs on to the school network
- We understand that we must seek permission before using any portable data devices such as USB flash drives and that any removable media must be thoroughly scanned by the school’s anti-virus software.
Useful E-Safety Links
Vodafone is committed to giving parents the knowledge and support they need to help them and their families get the most out of digital technology, and deal with any challenges that might bring. This is a useful guide on how to manage e-saftey on various devices within the home.
Pages 38-45 looks at parental settings on various social media sites and devices.